Shopping for new cookware can be overwhelming. Particularly if you want cookware that you can use both on your stove and in your oven. T-fal makes a wide range of pots and pans that are very budget friendly for families. But, are T-fal pans oven safe? Read on to figure out which T-fal sets are best for you.
What is T-Fal
T-Fal cookware is known for their ceramic non-stick cookware brand that is made with heavy-gauge aluminum to provide high-quality, even heating to cook food. T-Fal also makes nonstick and hard anodized nonstick sets. The brand is also PTFE, PFOA and Cadmium free making them nontoxic and perfectly safe to use at home.
Cooking With T-Fal Pans
Cooking with T-fal pans is super easy because the pans are nonstick which means they can cook about anything without hassle. T-fal pans can last a lifetime if they are properly maintained and used correctly. Plus, T-fal makes some of the best pots and pans for gas stoves!
Also, T-fal pans have a unique red thermal spot indicator in the center that tracks the heat of the pan. This lets you know once the pan has been properly pre-heated.
Tips for Cooking With T-fal pans:
- Never use knives or metal utensils on T-fal pans. This could scratch the nonstick coating.
- Avoid using nonstick cooking spray as it can leave a residue on the cookware hindering the nonstick performance.
- Wait until the pan is preheated before adding oil or butter. Pans that include Thermo-Spot will turn red on the heat indicator when the optimal temperature has been reached.
- Do not cook over ultra-high heat as the nonstick interior can emit fumes that can be harmful for animals with sensitive respiratory systems.
- Make sure to read the manufacturer’s details on the box when you are purchasing T-fal pans. Some are more oven-safe than others.
- Do not add cold water or frozen foods to a hot pan or oil as steam eruptions can occur that can burn and injury yourself and bystanders.
- T-fal pans can be used on all ranges. However, only stainless steel lines can be used on induction ranges.
- Do not use T-fal pans over a campfire or grill, or in a microwave.
The best way to keep your T-fal pans in great shape is to use wooden or plastic utensils for your nonstick T-fal cookware. Metal and abrasive tools will cause damage to your pans and wear the nonstick surface down. However, T-fal’s line of stainless steel or titanium cookware can withstand metal utensils. The only line of T-fal cookware that is completely resistant to scratching is the ceramic line; although plastic, wood, or silicone is most recommended for long-lasting performance.
Are T-fal Pans Oven Safe?
One of the most frequently asked questions cooks have is, “Can T-Fal pans go in the oven?”
This question is not answered with a simple yes or no because different T-fal pans have their own limitations when it comes to oven use.
T-Fal Cookware with Plastic Handles
If your cookware has plastic handles it is only safe to use in the oven up to 350 degrees. You can warm food in these pans but cooking food should be completed on the stove first. Broadly speaking, most of the different lines of T-fal cookware sets fall into this category, including the Excite ProGlide series and the Initiatives series.
One of the best examples of this is the
- Durable aluminum construction for long lasting performance
- Unique Thermo-Spot heat indicator clearly shows when pan is properly preheated
- Superior ProGlide Non-stick interior withstands the rigors of everyday cooking
- Even heat base for reliable cooking results
- Stylish, ergonomically designed and color matched handles for safety, comfort and beauty
- Set includes: 3 quart; Saucepan, 1 quart; Saucepan with Lid, 8 inches Frying Pan, 2 quart; Saucepan with Lid, 5 quart; Stockpot, Slotted Spoon, Spoon, 10 inches Skillet with Lid, 4 quart; Stockpot, 11 inches Frying Pan, Slotted Turner
- Dishwasher safe: Exceptionally durable dishwasher safe cookware for easy clean up
- Durable nonstick interior: Durable non stick interior for easy cleaning and cooking
- Even heat base: Delivers even heat distribution for reliable cooking results
- Nonstick exterior: A breeze to clean, ceramic cooking surface resists heat up to 570 degree fahrenheit
T-Fal Cookware with Stainless Steel Handles and Silicone Inserts
– If your cookware has aluminum or stainless-steel handles with the silicone inserts they can withstand oven temperatures up to 400 degrees. Best examples of this are the Hard Anodized Titanium Cookware sets.
T-Fal Cookware with Solid Stainless Steel Handles
These pans are the most oven-friendly and can withstand oven temperatures up to 500 degrees. A great example for this is the Ultimate Stainless Steel Copper Bottom Cookware Set.
T-Fal Cookware with Soft-touch Translucent Handles
These pans are NOT oven safe. The soft-touch handles can discolor with prolonged heat exposure.
Are T-fal Pans Oven Safe for the Broiler?
When it comes to using the broiler with T-fal pans you cannot use T-fal nonstick aluminum pans or ceramic interior pans. If you have stainless steel pans that do not have a nonstick coating or silicone handle inserts, these CAN be safely used under the broiler (pans only; not lids). In addition to the set above, check out the Performa Stainless Steel Cookware Set.
One of the best things about the T-fal brand is the lifetime limited warranty that protects these pans from manufacturers defects. The warranties will not cover damage due to misusing the cookware which is why it is so important to know how to correctly cook with T-fal pans.
Are T-fal pans oven safe? Yes, but only a few sets can be placed in the oven at high temperatures. T-fal pans are an excellent option for any home cook who is looking for quality reliable cookware that will last a lifetime when properly maintained.
Follow us on Pinterest to keep up with the best tips and tools for your family kitchen!