Is healthy living a part of your new lifestyle? Then staying away from greasy and oily food should be your top priority. This does not mean that you completely give up on fried food. Air fried food that is less in oil but with the same taste and texture as fried food can be a healthy alternative.
Let us have a look at a few of the best air fryers under $100.
Our 7 Best Air Fryers Under $100
The GoWISE digital air fryer can fry, bake, grill, and roast a wide range of food items with very little oil. This fryer makes use of rapid air technology to cook your food with less calorie.
This sleek and modern looking fryer comes with a touch screen design. The main features of the fryer include a start/stop button as well as an alarm function. The air fryer has eight preset cooking options: cake, pizza, fries, chicken, pork, steak, shrimp and fish. Apart from this, the fryer also has manual control to customize the dishes.
The temperature of the fryer ranges from 180F to 400F. The timer can set time up to 30 minutes. The fryer has a basket divider that lets you cook two different meals at the same time.
- Less cooking time.
- Easy to cook with touch screen design.
- Eight preset cooking options that make your job easy.
- Can accommodate huge quantities.
- Easy to clean
- The fryer is large and occupies a lot of counter space.
- Some consumers complain about coating peeling off.
This is a family-friendly air fryer that can accommodate the requirements of a large family. The fryer has an 8-quart capacity and can cook dishes in no time.
The air fryer is designed in a sleek and square shape with a stainless steel finish. Thus, it makes an ideal choice for your kitchen countertop. It comes with four preset cooking modes, including french fries, chicken, meat and fish. You can do all the cooking at the push of a button. The time and temperature can also be easily set.
The fryer comes with a non-stick basket and a flat frying tray that lets you cook various dishes. The temperature setting ranges from 200F – 400F, enabling you to crispy fry even vegetables and frozen food.
- Ideal for large families.
- Easy cooking.
- Easy to clean as it is dishwasher safe.
- Ideal for a modern kitchen as the air fryer comes with a sleek design.
- BPA free product.
- Does not have any accessories.
- Only four preset cooking modes, which is less when compared to other brands.
This low-cost air fryer from dash uses air crisp technology to provide healthy and crispy fried food. The fryer is quick and easy to operate and provides the food of your choice in no time.
The air fryer comes in 2.6 quarts capacity and is ideal for small families. You can fry a variety of dishes like French fries, nuggets, veggies, meatballs and even bake goodies using this fryer. You can set the temperature and choose the time, and the food will be ready within minutes. The unique feature of the fryer is the auto shut off timer that prevents overcooking.
This air fryer’s sleek design and lightweight make it an ideal choice for apartments, college dorms and travel.
- Low cost.
- Available in six shades.
- Lightweight and compact and occupies less space.
- Auto turn-off that prevents overcooking.
- Comes with a cooking guide book.
- No residual smell after cooking.
- Small capacity. Thus it is not a good choice for large families.
- Not as good at crisping up food as other models.
- Poor finish.
- Difficult to clean.
The Nuwave Brio digital air fryer uses superheated air and a unique airflow design to make healthy and crispy fried dishes. The consistent cooking temperature and even heating ensure that you get the best fried dish from this air fryer.
This digital air fryer comes with six pre-programmed cooking functions that let you cook homemade fries, frozen fries, frozen chicken sticks, chicken breast, steak and nuggets. You can operate all functions with the simple press of a button. The temperature of the fryer ranges from 100F to 400F that you can adjust in a 5F increment.
A unique feature of the Nuwave air fryer is the even heating facilitated by the patented fry pan basket design. The stainless steel mesh with holes ensures that hot air enters and cooks the food evenly from all directions.
- Easy to use with six pre-programmed cooking options.
- Even heating from all sides. Thus, you need not turn the dish while cooking.
- Consistent temperature maintenance.
- Vast temperature range ideal for cooking a variety of dishes.
- Preheat and reheat functions.
- Difficult to clean.
- Tendency to dry out food.
- Complaints of sudden shut-offs.
This is a 1400 watt air fryer that is ideal for frying food with less to no oil. The fryer comes with a compact design that makes it ideal for countertop. The non-slip rubber feet of the fryer ensures that it remains in place without slipping.
The Amazon basics multi-functional air fryer can fry food and bake, roast, and grill a variety of dishes. The fryer has a capacity of 3.2 quartz and is ideal for a small family of 2-3 members. Apart from the power switch, the fryer comes with a timer and temperature setting that lets you manually adjust the temperature.
- Compact design and hence ideal for kitchen countertop.
- Rubber non-slip feet that hold the fryer in place.
- Available in manual and digital styles.
- Comes with a recipe book that contains the exact time for cooking popular dishes.
- This is a small air fryer. So, not ideal for large families.
- No preset cooking options. You need to select the time manually.
- There have been some consumer complaints about the fryer switching off automatically.
The Ultrean air fryer makes use of rapid air frying technology to offer oil-free and tasty dishes. Its six-quart capacity and preset menu make it an ideal choice for large families. The fryer is ergonomically designed with the display screen at an angle. Thus, you can easily see the display.
The air fryer comes with an LCD digital touch screen and an easily accessible button. It has seven preset menus, including cake, chips, chicken, fish, shrimp, meat and steak. Besides, you can also adjust the temperature to make the food crispier. The auto-shutoff and overheat protection mechanism of the fryer ensures that the food is not overcooked and spoiled.
The fryer has an in-built non-stick basket and a pan. To clean, all you have to do is remove the pan and the basket and wash it in the dishwasher.
- Hassle-free and easy cooking.
- Ergonomically designed with an angled display unit.
- Easy to clean as it comes with dishwasher-safe accessories.
- Comes with a cookbook that contains the cooking time for the most popular food items.
- The fryer is large in size with a big footprint. So, it takes a lot of counter space.
- Though the cookbook provides the exact time for cooking, you need to keep a close watch till you figure out the exact cooking time.
- The non-stick coating tends to chip off fast.
Ultrean 4.2 Quart Air Fryer
The Ultrean air fryer is a multi-functional cooker that uses rapid air technology to make crispy and oil-free fried food. The air fryer is designed in a contemporary style with an LCD display. The easily accessible buttons make it easy to cook the dishes as per your choice.
This is a 4.2-quart air fryer that is ideal for a small family of 3-4 members. You can use the fryer for baking, grilling, and roasting dishes apart from oil-free frying. The temperature setting of the fryer ranges from 180F – 400F, and you can adjust it as per your requirement. All parts of the air fryer are machine washable. Thus, it is very easy to maintain.
- Easy to cook a variety of dishes.
- Can perform different operations like frying, baking and grilling.
- Easy to maintain as it comes with dishwasher safe accessories.
- Comes with a bonus cookbook that contains time for cooking various dishes.
- Available in four color options.
- Cooks a very small amount of food at a time.
- Loud noise while operating.
- Few of the customers complained about a smell coming while using the fryer. This is more likely caused by a defective product.
How To Choose An Air Fryer?
Though different models and styles of air fryers are available in the market, there are certain things that you should consider before purchasing an air fryer.
What size air fryer you need depends on the number of people you are cooking for. If you have a small family with 2-3 members, a fryer with a 3-quart capacity would be sufficient. For a family of four, a 3.7 – 4 quart capacity would suffice. On the other hand, if you have a large family with six or more members, you need a fryer with a larger capacity, like 8 quarts.
Air fryers are available in different dimensions. While some are sleek and suited for a modern kitchen, others are bulky and less compact. If you are planning to use the frier regularly, you should go for a countertop model.
On the other hand, if you use the fryer only once in a while, you can go for a bulky one. But you should ensure that there is space to store the fryer so that your countertop space is free.
An air fryer becomes extremely hot when it is cooking. Thus, you should ensure that the fryer has safety features that protect you from scalding. The exterior of the fryer should be cool to touch, even while cooking. Similarly, the fryer should have an auto shut off feature so that it does not get overheated. Though most of the fryers come with these features, you should make sure that the selected model has these features.
For cooking dishes like meat and chicken, you need a high temperature of 400F. Thus, while selecting a fryer, you should ensure that it has a wide range of temperature. This ensures that you can fry not only potatoes but also grill and toast chicken and meat.
Ease of cleaning
Ease of cleaning is another important aspect that you should consider in an air fryer. The parts of the fryer, like the basket and pot, should be removable so that you can easily wash it. Also, make sure that all parts are dishwasher-friendly that reduces your job.
You should check the reviews of the air fryer on Amazon and other sites before purchasing one. If there are many negative reviews, that should be a warning. However, pay attention to the dates of the reviews. Sometimes product quality can change dramatically over time, so pay closer attention to comments from the past year.
Air fryers are a great choice when you want to munch on some crispies and at the same time stay healthy. Since an air fryer uses less to no oil, you need not worry about adding on those extra calories. Moreover, it is very easy to cook in an air fryer with the touch of a button.
But while purchasing, make sure that you go for a reputed brand that offers quality products. This way, you can ensure that you get the best deal for the amount spent.